SubjectRe: Q re /proc/bus/i2c
Date
On Saturday 10 January 2004 14:40, Martin Schlemmer wrote:

>> Next thing to check?
>
>What mobo (make, model, etc - sorry, missed that), and do you
>have appropriate modules loaded. Also, maybe add a dmesg.

I sent that, but you can call off the bloodhounds, the perp has been
apprehended and jailed.

Actually, there is a huge gotcha in make xconfig. If, under busses
early in the menu, you do not select ISA, even if your mobo doesn't
have one, you MUST enable it before you can even see the i2c-isa
options and turn them on in the i2c tree. Bad dog, no bisquit, it
should be shown and the help should say it needs the busses/isa
enabled too.

Turned them both on and everything but the eeprom and temps is working
in sensors output, minor details because the cpu temp IS being
displayed by gkrellm just fine, as are both of the fan rpms.

Many thanks to Nuno Montiero for tickling me in the right spot with an
email about that, to John Lash and Martin Schlemmer who were also
helping me chase it down, and to the list for putting up with my
whining.

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.052 / U:1.224 seconds]