SubjectRe: 2.4, b44 transmit timeout
Date
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:33:53AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> A-ha! Thanks, I think this should be enough to figure out what the problem
> is... Looks like the driver doesn't even get the packets pump tries to send,
> pump is a bit special in the way it bounces the interface up and down when
> doing its work, that probably triggers a race in b44..

I can also easily recreate this by calling dhcpcd e.g. when the cable isn't in
the socket yet. If i attach the cable then I see the interface coming up,
going down, and then the NETDEV watchdog message.

Unfortunatly this usually means that dhcpcd goes hanging. ifconfig hangs too
if I try to use it, and rebooting must be forced with sysrq and an oops a
alt-sysrq-o for poweroff...

Jan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.059 / U:25.404 seconds]