    SubjectRe: [NFS] attempt to use V1 mount protocol on V3 server
    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Trond Myklebust wrote:

    > Most are not. An NFSv3 filehandle has a variable size (as opposed to
    > NFSv2 which are fixed size), and so most NFS servers use the same
    > filehandle for NFSv2 and NFSv3.

    Well, my filehandles are all 64 bytes at the moment. Doesn't matter
    anyway since my nfsd does not handle NFSv2.

    > Note: The fact that we are now stuck with a schizophrenic NFSv3 client
    > is one of the many reasons why I am now *very* wary of trying to work
    > around server bugs by making fixes to the client code.

    Fine with me if a buggy server results in a failure to mount. However,
    I was seeing crashes.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.018 / U:40.048 seconds]