    SubjectRe: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this
    On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 08:41:34AM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:

    > > > Multiple *writable* mappings. Don't forget about libc et al.
    > >
    > > I mean in the same group of threads with the same struct mm, not the whole
    > > system.
    > Larry means that it's perfectly normal for libc to map the same file
    > more than once: you have the code section and the data section.

    Code is read-only, data is read-write and is copy on write. Therefore
    its a different scenario.

    Practical tests indicate that the vast majority of applications do not
    trip the test.

    You're right in theory, but I don't particularly care about theory when
    its real life which matters.

    Russell King ( The developer of ARM Linux

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.028 / U:17.520 seconds]