    SubjectRE: Scaling noise
    Fortunately seek time on RAM is lower than disk;-)  Sure, parallel
    systems are a waste of effort for running a single copy of a single
    threaded app, but when you have multiple apps, or better yet MT apps,
    you win. If system performance were limited over time to the rate of
    decrease in RAM latency, then we'd be in sorry shape.

    Back to the original off-topic...
    An OEM can spin their motivation to focus on smaller systems in 3 ways:

    1. large server sales are a small % of industry units
    2. large server sales are a small % of industry revenue
    3. large server sales are a small % of industry profits

    Only 1 is true.

    Cheers,
    -Len

    #include <std/disclaimer.h>