SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.0-test6

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> Would it help to require all major[1] header files to include all the
> header files needed for them to compile?

It causes tons of extra work for the compiler if the compiler doesn't
optimize away redundant header files (same header file being included from
a lot of different sources).

I did the pruning in sparse, and I think at least gcc-3 does it too, but
I'm not sure.

If so, then sure, we could just require that the header files compile
cleanly, and for extra points verify that the end result is an empty
object file (ie no bad declarations anywhere..).

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans