SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:15:33AM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > In addition there are some major gains to be had in standardizing on a
> > distributed version control system that everyone can use, and
> > unfortunately BK does not fill that position. So I think it is good
> > that there is enough general discontent it the air that people
> > continue to look for alternatives.
>
> Let's just postulate that my claim that this is harder than it looks is
> true. You don't have to agree with it, just pretend you do. Given that,
> it's going to be a while before any alternative shows up. People mumble
> about arch until they go use it for a while and realize it is about 3-5
> years behind BK. Linus isn't about to step backwards that far.

Nope. I won't. I would much rather postulate that it is easier than
it looks so someone will get started :)

> > The current situation with version control is painful.
>
> No kidding. Do you have any suggestions, _realistic_ suggestions, that
> we could do to help? Beyond making plain text patches/tarballs available
> from every repo hosted on bkbits?

patches/tarballs and a clear way to find them would certainly help.
And would pretty much put a project on bkbits on par with the non bk
alternatives, for usability.

Eric

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans