    SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
    Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> writes:

    > On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:15:33AM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > > In addition there are some major gains to be had in standardizing on a
    > > distributed version control system that everyone can use, and
    > > unfortunately BK does not fill that position. So I think it is good
    > > that there is enough general discontent it the air that people
    > > continue to look for alternatives.
    >
    > Let's just postulate that my claim that this is harder than it looks is
    > true. You don't have to agree with it, just pretend you do. Given that,
    > it's going to be a while before any alternative shows up. People mumble
    > about arch until they go use it for a while and realize it is about 3-5
    > years behind BK. Linus isn't about to step backwards that far.

    Nope. I won't. I would much rather postulate that it is easier than
    it looks so someone will get started :)

    > > The current situation with version control is painful.
    >
    > No kidding. Do you have any suggestions, _realistic_ suggestions, that
    > we could do to help? Beyond making plain text patches/tarballs available
    > from every repo hosted on bkbits?

    patches/tarballs and a clear way to find them would certainly help.
    And would pretty much put a project on bkbits on par with the non bk
    alternatives, for usability.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.022 / U:0.104 seconds]