    SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
    On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:15:33AM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > In addition there are some major gains to be had in standardizing on a
    > distributed version control system that everyone can use, and
    > unfortunately BK does not fill that position. So I think it is good
    > that there is enough general discontent it the air that people
    > continue to look for alternatives.

    Let's just postulate that my claim that this is harder than it looks is
    true. You don't have to agree with it, just pretend you do. Given that,
    it's going to be a while before any alternative shows up. People mumble
    about arch until they go use it for a while and realize it is about 3-5
    years behind BK. Linus isn't about to step backwards that far.

    > The current situation with version control is painful.

    No kidding. Do you have any suggestions, _realistic_ suggestions, that
    we could do to help? Beyond making plain text patches/tarballs available
    from every repo hosted on bkbits?
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:0.456 seconds]