    SubjectRe: [OT] Re: ATTACK TO MY SYSTEM
    On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 08:40:35AM +0100, John Bradford wrote:

    > RFC 822, section 3.4.7, makes clear that case is _not_ significant for
    > these field names. RFC 2822 doesn't change this.

    Sorry John about the mis-information. Of course case is not significant,
    otherwise we would simply not receive these mails. I should have said
    "common usage" and not "protocols", since I really thought the former
    eventhough I wrote the later.

    > Just because no commonly used E-Mail application seems to generate
    > uppercase field names, how do you know something like a password
    > auto-responder script won't?

    I don't know. It's only an empirical choice based on observations. Many of us
    are more concerned by hundreds of mails a day than risking to get a rare
    false-positive. But I agree, I should have been clearer.

    I have nearly the same .procmailrc as the one Joern Engel proposed :

    :0 D
    * ^FORM:

    And I too agree that I have 0% false positive so far. But just like any filter,
    use at your own risk...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:12.828 seconds]