    SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > Yeah. I'm using the Linux VM. And it _still_ isn't up to what I managed
    > to accomplish in SunOS. Wake up, dude. You aren't the first one to
    > work in this area, you are just one of the first to work in this area
    > without learning from the people who came before you. Don't believe me?
    > Go to OLS and read the papers. Then read the OS research that has
    > happened in the last 20 years or so. So far you are still catching up.

    Bad example ;)

    While it is true that the Linux VM doesn't do a whole
    lot of the things a VM should do, there is also the
    fact that the VM problem space has gotten a lot harder
    over the last decade due to the fact that the size of
    disk and memory has grown way faster than the speed of
    disk and memory.

    Simply put, nowadays it takes more than 10 times as
    long to swap out a process then it took 10 years ago.
    This puts interesting constraints on the design of a

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:38.108 seconds]