SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 04:39:28AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> > > that is not accurate, you also asked us to giveup the freedom of
> > > development in your area.
> >
> > If you were actually doing some significant development then maybe I'd
> > respect you. But you aren't. So I don't. You don't have the slightest
> > understanding in this area, you've proved that beyond all reasonable
> > doubt. So you are just complaining about something you don't understand.
> >
> > I truly hope you follow in the footsteps of others who got pissed at the
> > BK licensing and try to implement a replacement. BK makes VM systems
> > seem like child's play. Centralized systems like CVS are child's play.
>
> If you weren't using the linux VM I'd respect you, but you are, and
> still I respected you so far, probably I was wrong.

Yeah. I'm using the Linux VM. And it _still_ isn't up to what I managed
to accomplish in SunOS. Wake up, dude. You aren't the first one to
work in this area, you are just one of the first to work in this area
without learning from the people who came before you. Don't believe me?
Go to OLS and read the papers. Then read the OS research that has
happened in the last 20 years or so. So far you are still catching up.
--
---