    SubjectTranslated set 3
    Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this question that I'm missing,
    but what is the advantage of using translation in set 3?

    I totally agree that translated set 2 is the way to get 99% of
    keyboards working perfectly, and that the reason we use translation
    here, is because although untranslated set 2 is simpler, some laptops
    don't support this properly, and some that do have problems with BIOS
    interpretation of the codes, etc.

    However, surely setups that support set 3, will support it equally
    well with and without translation? Here, I don't see the advantage of
    enabling translation.

    Why not simplify the whole problem, and either have:

    * translated set 2 with workarounds for all known strange keyboards
    * untranslated set 3

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:0.248 seconds]