    SubjectRe: Broken synaptics mouse..
    Date
    On Monday 22 September 2003 12:31 am, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 06:16:36PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > > > You can use EVIOCGRAB for the time being in the XFree86 synaptics
    > > > driver, this way you'll prevent its events coming into mousedev the
    > > > moment it's opened by XFree86, which is probably exactly what one
    > > > wants.
    > >
    > > Will that allow 2 processes to have access to the same event device
    > > simultaneously? I am thinking about XFree and GPM. We just got away from
    > > that mess caused by psaux providing only exclusive access to step into
    > > the same problem again.
    >
    > No, it won't. Yes, it's a problem. The only solution I can propose here
    > is when you want GPM and XFree support simultaneously you have to
    > configure both to use either /dev/input/mice, or both /dev/input/event,
    > and not mix the two together.

    But in this case not only will I have to specify the event device Synaptics
    is connected to but also explicitly specify _every other_ input device I use
    (besides the touchpad I have a track-stick as a separate device and an USB
    mouse in my docking station). I will also loose hot-plug capabilities I have
    now for free.

    All in all it just doesn't fly... I wonder if we could declare evdev the master
    handler and do not propagate events to the secondary handlers if some process
    has appropriate event device opened.

    Dmitry

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.023 / U:89.148 seconds]