SubjectRe: [PM] Patrick: which part of "maintainer" and "peer review" needs explaining to you?
Hi!

> I think we need to expand the platform device support to include the
> notion of platform drivers. For example:
>
> struct platform_driver {
> int (*probe)(struct platform_device *);
> int (*remove)(struct platform_device *);
> int (*suspend)(struct platform_device *, u32);
> int (*resume)(struct platform_device *);
> struct device_driver drv;
> };
>
> (Aside: I like the movement of the suspend/resume methods to the bus_type,
> and I'd like to see the probe/remove methods also move there. For the
> vast majority of cases, the probe/remove methods in struct device_driver
> end up pointing at the same functions for any particular bus.)

But what about those few devices that need special handling? Like flush write cache on
IDE disk but not on cdrom?
--
Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...