    SubjectRe: [Linstab] Hackbench STP Results History for 2.5 mm/2.6 mm
    On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:07:54PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > More history from hackbench from STP from the 2.5 and 2.6 mm kernels.
    > This looks great, but tragically incomprehensible.
    > Could someone please provide some interpretation, tell us what hackbench
    > is, and what all the numbers mean?
    > Do we rock or do we suck?

    Sorry, I was a bit hasty.

    Hackbench is a test from Rusty Russel that's intended to test the scalability
    of the scheduler. The results I gathered are from a test where 100 processes
    are started to send a message to another set of 100 processes. This is
    repeated at least a few times and the time taken to complete each instance
    is averaged. Anyone feel free to correct me as I learned this second hand.

    The general trend in the metric indicates everything has been improving, so I
    think we rock.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:21.708 seconds]