SubjectRe: KConfig help text not shown in 2.6.0-test5

Roman Zippel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Nick Piggin wrote:
>

>>>BTW you can reach the individual help within 'make config' by appending a
>>>'?' to the number (e.g. '1?').
>>>
>>What I am seeing is the help text for the whole choice thingy is used as
>>the help text for the individual choices. This patch doesn't fix that.
>>How is it supposed to work? I assume you tried it and saw what it was
>>doing, so am I just mistaken in how I think it should work?
>>

>Yes, it works here, what exactly did you try?

I got a clean 2.6.0-test5 kernel tree, applied your patch, ran make
oldconfig menuconfig, entered "processor type and features", move over
"processor family" and select help. That works fine. Enter "processor
family" and select help for "Pentium-4" and the same help text comes up.
I just thought you should see the individual help text for that item.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.167 / U:0.016 seconds]