    SubjectRe: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]
    On Fri Sep 12, 2003 at 04:58:03PM -0400, Timothy Miller wrote:
    > David Schwartz wrote:
    > > However, some people seem to be arguing that the GPL_ONLY symbols
    > > are in
    > >fact a license enforcement technique. If that's true, then when they
    > >distribute their code, they are putting additional restrictions not in the
    > >GPL on it. That is a GPL violation.
    > Agreed. GPL_ONLY is not a license restriction. It is a technical issue.

    I'll go even farther, and say that one might call the GPL_ONLY
    symbols an "effective technological measure" that "effectively
    controls access to a work" and "effectively protects a right of a
    copyright owner ... in the ordinary course of its operation....".
    Bypassing GPL_ONLY symbols, as recently advocated by David
    Schwartz and Andre Hedrick, could be considered circumvention of
    an effective technological measure. Remember Dmitry Sklyarov,

    Erik B. Andersen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.041 / U:85.340 seconds]