SubjectRe: Fix up power managment in 2.6
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:12:20PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> He just thinks he can fix his code, and I want that code to be
> reverted, reviewed, tested, and than merged back. There's no way
> current mess can be fixed in reasonable time.

Please don't - that means undoing all the work I've put in to make
ARM work again, and I don't have time to play silly games like this.

We have the majority of the driver model power management back into
a working state (there are still some quirks left, but they are
trivially solvable - I just haven't had the time to sort them out
with Pat yet.)

Whether you like it or not, people are using and developing against
the new driver model code. ARM uses the driver model pretty extensively,
and reverting these changes will only cause more work (which means I
get less time to look at serial, PCMCIA stuff and other stuff.)

The driver model at least should stay as is.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk) The developer of ARM Linux