    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test2: lost mouse synchronization after apm-suspend
    "Greg KH" <> wrote to someone else:

    > Unload all usb drivers before suspending please.

    I hope this isn't a general rule? I can't keep up with the list, but I saw
    this message, and it looks like a disaster.

    There are a lot of small-size desktop machines that depend on USB keyboards
    because they don't have PS/2 ports. In some cases the keyboard includes a
    PS/2 hub for a PS/2 mouse, but in some cases the keyboard doesn't even have
    that so the mouse is also USB. In all of these cases the connection to the
    CPU goes through a USB port.

    How should the user restore their keyboard after resuming from suspend? A
    modprobe or insmod command? In the vast majority of these cases the input
    of a command would depend on having the USB keyboard already working.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.020 / U:7.288 seconds]