    SubjectRe: reiserfs4
    > []
    > Tomas Szepe wrote:
    > >I'm afraid I cannot recommend using this tool.
    > >
    > >A test conversion from reiserfs to ext3 (inside a vmware machine)
    > >screwed up the data real horrorshow: directory structure seems
    > >ok but file contents are apparently shifted.
    > >
    > Are you sure that vmware does not affect the result?

    No, I can't be sure. (Nevertheless I'm inclined to believe
    this is rather a FIBMAP related kernel bug that has been
    introduced after the current version of the convertfs toolset
    was released in March 2002.)

    Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a scratch partition
    on any of my disks so I can't re-test on a live system.

    Tomas Szepe <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:24.268 seconds]