SubjectRe: reiserfs4
> []
> Tomas Szepe wrote:
> >I'm afraid I cannot recommend using this tool.
> >
> >A test conversion from reiserfs to ext3 (inside a vmware machine)
> >screwed up the data real horrorshow: directory structure seems
> >ok but file contents are apparently shifted.
> >
> Are you sure that vmware does not affect the result?

No, I can't be sure. (Nevertheless I'm inclined to believe
this is rather a FIBMAP related kernel bug that has been
introduced after the current version of the convertfs toolset
was released in March 2002.)

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a scratch partition
on any of my disks so I can't re-test on a live system.

Tomas Szepe <>