    SubjectRe: ACPI Power Button Event problems(?)
    I did the cat /proc/acpi/event shortly after implementing my script and
    finding out it was continually being called after pressing the power
    button. I got/(still get):
    button/power PWRF 00000080 00000001
    button/power PWRF 00000080 00006bbb
    ... etc.

    Of course, with 2.6.0-test1-mm2, it would stop when I restarted acpid or
    pushed the power button again. With 2.6.0-test2-mm1 that has changed in
    that stopping the events requires a reboot.

    I can recompile my 2.4.18 with ACPI support and see what happens if that
    is necessary...just let me know.

    Thanks.

    Micha Feigin wrote:

    >On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 09:51, Wes Janzen wrote:
    >

    >>I'm having an interesting, and relatively benign problem with ACPI
    >>events. I downloaded the ACPI daemon from SourceForge and with
    >>2.6.0-test1-mm2 when I pressed the power button, ACPI would be deluded
    >>with PWRF events until I pushed the button again or acpid was
    >>restarted. That's easy enough to work around, but with 2.6.0-test2-mm1
    >>the events never stop. Restarting the daemon makes no difference, nor
    >>does pushing the button have any effect. That wouldn't be too big of a
    >>problem if I was using the power button to restart the PC, but I'm using
    >>the event to kill sawfish since it likes locking up (and disregarding
    >>any keyboard input) leaving me with no recourse but to press the reset
    >>button otherwise. So, it works great for the first lockup, but I can't
    >>reset the power button event so I'm stuck with the reset button on the
    >>second round. Unless I want to reboot, which I'd rather not.
    >>
    >>Is this a bug in 2.6.0-test2-mm1 or was the bug the fact it could be
    >>cancelled in 2.6.0-test1-mm2?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>-Wes-
    >>
    >>-
    >>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    >>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    >>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
    >>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
    >>

    >I am guessing that it is not a bug in acpid since stop it didn't help.
    >You could try a
    >cat /proc/acpi/event
    >to make sure that you are actually getting these events no stop.
    >I am guessing that it is a faulty dsdt since you got the same the
    >behavior on the different kernel.
    >Can you tell if this also happens with 2.4 kernel?
    >
    >-

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.024 / U:1.420 seconds]