    Subject[Q] How can I transfer data from hard disk to PCI device's memory

    I want to transfer data 'directly' from hard disk to some PCI device which
    has memory

    with the helpf of kernel(file system, device driver).

    In above sentence 'directly' means that data does not go through main memory
    of host.

    So I am analyzing kernel code, but I am so confused because of memory system

    complexity (page, buffer, ... ).

    I find buffer head structure(struct buffer_head) has b_data pointer

    I think kernel transfer data from HDD to this pointer variable.

    Can I map this pointer variable(b_data) to PCI device's memory?

    I am very confused because this part is highly related with complex memory

    (page & buffer).

    Please give me some hint. Thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.036 / U:103.232 seconds]