Subject2.4 vs 2.6 versions of include/linux/ioport.h
Date
Greetings;

In the 2.4 includes, find this in ioport.h
----
/* Compatibility cruft */
#define check_region(start,n) __check_region(&ioport_resource,
(start), (n))
[snip]
extern int __check_region(struct resource *, unsigned long, unsigned
long);
----
But in the 2.6 version, find this:
----
/* Compatibility cruft */
[snip]
extern int __check_region(struct resource *, unsigned long, unsigned
long);
[snip]
static inline int __deprecated check_region(unsigned long s, unsigned
long n)
{
return __check_region(&ioport_resource, s, n);
}
----
First, the define itself is missing in the 2.6 version.

Many drivers seem to use this call, and in that which I'm trying to
build, the nforce and advansys modules use it. And while the modules
seem to build, they do not run properly.

I cannot run 2.6.x for extended tests because of the advansys breakage
this causes. I also haven't even tried to run X because of the
nforce error reported when its built, the same error as attacks the
advansys code.

Can I ask why this change was made, and is there a suitable
replacement call available that these drivers could use instead of
check_region(), as shown here in a snip from advansys.c?
----
if (check_region(iop, ASC_IOADR_GAP) != 0) {
if (check_region(iop_base, ASC_IOADR_GAP) != 0) {

Hopeing for some hints here.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.050 / U:0.376 seconds]