SubjectFS: hardlinks on directories
Hello all,

although it is very likely I am entering (again :-) an ancient discussion I
would like to ask why hardlinks on directories are not allowed/no supported fs
action these days. I can't think of a good reason for this, but can think of
many good reasons why one would like to have such a function, amongst those:

- restructuring of the fs to meet different sorting criterias (kind of a
database view onto the fs)
- relinking of the fs for export to other hosts via nfs or the like (enhanced
security through artificially constructed, exported trees)

Would a feature like that be seen as "big action" or rather small enhancement
to the fs-layer?
Are there any supporters for this feature out there?

Regards,
Stephan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.408 / U:0.032 seconds]