SubjectRe: milstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree

David> Now that Linus' tree works for ia64, the next question is how
David> we can keep it that way. I think it would be useful to have
David> someone setup a cron job which does daily builds/automated
David> tests off of Linus tree. If something breaks, the person doing
David> this could perhaps come up with a minimal patch which gets
David> Linus' tree to build again (and submit a patch to the
David> appropriate maintainer, with cc to the linux-ia64 list). I
David> plan on continuing to put out roughly monthly ia64-specific
David> patches and during those normal cycles, I'd then integrate the
David> "quick fix up" patches as needed. Does this sound reasonable?
David> Anybody want to volunteer for this "Linus watchdog" role?

Peter> We can do this. We're tracking Linus's tree anyway for the work we're
Peter> doing.

Excellent!

Peter> We'd probably do daily automated builds to check that the kernel
Peter> still compiles cleanly for HPSIM, DIG, and ZX1, but test only weekly.

Sounds reasonable. Except doing a boot/halt cycle on the simulator
should be easy to automate, no? The simulator can actually catch a
surprising number of problems.

Peter> If you have anyu specific configuration options you think should be
Peter> included, let us know.

Nothing in particular, though it would be good to cover UP, MP, 16,
and 64KB page sizes (not in all permutations, of course).

Thanks,

--david

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.101 / U:0.016 seconds]