    Subjectmilstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree

    David> Now that Linus' tree works for ia64, the next question is how
    David> we can keep it that way. I think it would be useful to have
    David> someone setup a cron job which does daily builds/automated
    David> tests off of Linus tree. If something breaks, the person doing
    David> this could perhaps come up with a minimal patch which gets
    David> Linus' tree to build again (and submit a patch to the
    David> appropriate maintainer, with cc to the linux-ia64 list). I
    David> plan on continuing to put out roughly monthly ia64-specific
    David> patches and during those normal cycles, I'd then integrate the
    David> "quick fix up" patches as needed. Does this sound reasonable?
    David> Anybody want to volunteer for this "Linus watchdog" role?

    We can do this. We're tracking Linus's tree anyway for the work we're
    doing.

    We'd probably do daily automated builds to check that the kernel
    still compiles cleanly for HPSIM, DIG, and ZX1, but test only weekly.

    If you have anyu specific configuration options you think should be
    included, let us know.

    --
    Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
    You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all slightly different.