    SubjectRe: milstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree
    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:40:25 -0700
    David Mosberger <> wrote:

    > For what it's worth, I spend on average about 1 day a week on ia64
    > linux maintenance and that's just about as much as I'd want to (though
    > in recent months it has been a bit more, partly so that we can get
    > into sync with Linus' tree).

    I'm not addressing you specifically, but I will note how great
    you tend to say ia64 is when platform performance comparison
    discussions happen on the lists :-)

    In general, I think some platform maintainence drifts way too easily
    into a tail-spin of local changes that take forever to get merged.

    My point was that if some random single monkey like me can keep a
    loser platform like sparc64 still building in Linus's tree, a group of
    several trained professionals should be able to fare much better :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:39.000 seconds]