SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test4 and hardware reports a non fatal incident
Date
On Saturday 30 Aug 2003 14:35, you wrote:
> When it was i=0 people were seeing false positives. Starting from 1
> reduces that.

Cool. Can you point me towards any background-reading on MCE? This's got me
interested.

Rather ironically, since I changed my kernel back to starting from 0, I
haven't seen any errors. Having said that, I was only getting a couple each
day anyway, so I'll leave it a few days and see what develops. I think it's
happening only once on boot, every now and again, but I've not had time to
analyse the logs properly yet. Maybe there's a problem when my machine's
cold...

> in the past, Alan and myself took care of i386, Andi Kleen did AMD64.

Thanks for responding; it was fairly clear to me that I was out of my depth,
and it's nice to know that there's someone out there that isn't *grin*

Cheers,

Matt

--
"It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
and learning how to live amongst them."