    SubjectRe: libata update posted (was Re: VIA Serial ATA chipset)
    Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > Samuel Flory wrote:
    >> Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >>> Changes:
    >>> * continue work towards fully async taskfile API: you call
    >>> submit_tf(), and later on, your callback is called when the taskfile
    >>> completes or times out. async taskfile API is required for ATAPI
    >>> and supporting more advanced host controllers like Promise or AHCI
    >>> (SATA2).
    >>> * some cleanups
    >> I'm guessing there is no support for Promise yet?
    > Not yet. Once I finish the item mentioned above, "async taskfile
    > API", Promise support will appear quite rapidly.
    >> PS- The driver works great on the silcon image chipset. (Once I
    >> realized that my Seagate drive needed newer firmware.)
    > Um... libata doesn't support Silicon Image yet?

    The Intel PIIX/ICH support in the ac kernel seems to work on all my
    onboard Silicon Image controllers. I think that's only your ata-scsi
    work, however.

    Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
    (The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)
    Sam Flory <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.023 / U:38.180 seconds]