SubjectRe: libata update posted (was Re: VIA Serial ATA chipset)
Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Samuel Flory wrote:
>
>> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>>
>>> Changes:
>>> * continue work towards fully async taskfile API: you call
>>> submit_tf(), and later on, your callback is called when the taskfile
>>> completes or times out. async taskfile API is required for ATAPI
>>> and supporting more advanced host controllers like Promise or AHCI
>>> (SATA2).
>>> * some cleanups
>>

>> I'm guessing there is no support for Promise yet?
>

> Not yet. Once I finish the item mentioned above, "async taskfile
> API", Promise support will appear quite rapidly.
>

>> PS- The driver works great on the silcon image chipset. (Once I
>> realized that my Seagate drive needed newer firmware.)
>

> Um... libata doesn't support Silicon Image yet?

The Intel PIIX/ICH support in the ac kernel seems to work on all my
onboard Silicon Image controllers. I think that's only your ata-scsi
work, however.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)