SubjectRe: Promise SATA driver GPL'd
Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>

>>For the future, I'm currently whipping the libata internals into shape
>>so that Promise may be supported. Promise hardware supports native
>>command queueing, a lot like many SCSI adapters.
>

> Is that true even for the older stuff such as a PDC20265?

PATA stuff will continue to be supported via drivers/ide, I'm only
shooting for the newer SATA stuff.

> It appears that FreeBSD 4-STABLE blacklists some older (before-TX2)
> Promise chips because they apparently lock up when used with tagged
> command queueing. I haven't yet looked at the ATAng driver merged into
> FreeBSD 5-CURRENT.

ATA tagged command queueing is a bunch of crap. :) I'm not sure
whether I want to implement it or not.

I was referring to _native_ command queueing. ATA TCQ is something
different. ATA TCQ does not allow multiple outstanding scatter/gather
tables to be sent to the host controller. Native command queuing does.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.095 / U:22.328 seconds]