    Subjectreiser4 snapshot for August 26th.

    I have just released another reiser4 snapshot that I hope all interested
    parties will try. It is released against 2.6.0-test4.
    You can find it at
    I include release notes below.

    Reiser4 snapshot for 2003.08.26

    WARNING!!! This code is experimental! WE ARE NOT KIDDING! DO NOT PUT

    Fixed some bugs. And finally reiser4 should compile on 64bit boxes (hm. somebody try it,
    as I am unable to build any 2.6 kernel for ia64). Also reiser4 should now build without
    debug enabled.
    Important SMP bug was fixed (only was in effect for SMP kernels on boxes with less than 3 CPUs).
    There are still some OOM problems sometimes that we are working on, but generally
    I hope problems reported by various people about compile failures should be fixed now.
    Readonly mounts (and hence - reiser4 as rootfs) are not supported too.

    reiser4progs update includes some 64 bit fixes too along with other stuff.
    fsck still does not work, so don't even try to run it.

    Snapshot is released as a patch against linux-2.6.0-test4
    REISER4_NOOPT config option (Disable compiler optimizations for reiser4 code.)
    is known to not compile on x86.
    Enable CONFIG_REISER4_LARGE_KEY, as reiser4progs are creating filesystems with
    large keys by default.
    The reiser4-kernelonly.diff file represents only required kernel modifications if you plan to use our reiser4 bk repository.
    It does not contains any reiser4 code
    The reiser4.diff is full patch with everything included.

    Changelog (extracted by "bk changes"):

    ChangeSet@1.1218.1.2, 2003-08-26 12:53:59+04:00,
    remove assertion (contradicts recent changes in prepare_twig_cut())

    ChangeSet@1.1218.1.1, 2003-08-26 12:53:28+04:00,
    remove superfluous check

    ChangeSet@1.1217.1.3, 2003-08-26 11:19:03+04:00,
    search_one_bitmap_backward() endless loop fix.

    ChangeSet@1.1216.1.1, 2003-08-25 22:01:52+04:00,
    backward search bitmap code fixes

    ChangeSet@1.1217.1.1, 2003-08-25 21:26:46+04:00,
    Fixed bug
    shared reserve_cut_iteration
    Added cut_items_cryptcompress(),
    fixed bugs

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.6, 2003-08-25 21:06:06+04:00,
    sync with recent change in prepare_twig_cut()

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.5, 2003-08-25 21:00:04+04:00,
    when removing eottl, clear connected bits on formatted neighbors

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.4, 2003-08-25 20:59:26+04:00,
    restore old check.

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.3, 2003-08-25 20:59:13+04:00,
    fix race in check_jload()

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.2, 2003-08-25 20:58:52+04:00,
    add separate inode to keep bitmaps.

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.1, 2003-08-25 20:45:18+04:00,
    fix fence error in wake_up_requestor()

    ChangeSet@1.1216, 2003-08-25 18:05:17+04:00,
    Remove erroneous ON_DEBUG()

    ChangeSet@1.1215, 2003-08-25 13:58:15+04:00,
    use vmalloc instead of kmalloc

    ChangeSet@1.1208.1.1, 2003-08-25 08:49:07+04:00,
    bitmap code reorganization

    ChangeSet@1.1213, 2003-08-24 15:56:24+04:00,
    64bit compile fix

    ChangeSet@1.1212, 2003-08-22 21:05:40+04:00,
    fix compilation errors

    ChangeSet@1.1211, 2003-08-22 21:00:56+04:00,
    restore compilability.

    ChangeSet@1.1210, 2003-08-22 20:56:38+04:00,
    fix problems with BK's handling of symlinks

    ChangeSet@1.1209, 2003-08-22 20:55:24+04:00,

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.17, 2003-08-22 20:45:52+04:00,

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.16, 2003-08-22 20:45:32+04:00,
    add scripts to perform mongo automatically.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.15, 2003-08-22 20:44:24+04:00,
    fix race in sibling list code.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.14, 2003-08-22 20:43:54+04:00,
    fix debugging checks.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.13, 2003-08-22 20:43:15+04:00,
    don't do read-ahead if low on memory.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.12, 2003-08-22 20:42:55+04:00,
    add assertion.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.11, 2003-08-22 20:42:39+04:00,
    fix assertion: atom lock should be held to avoid races with fusion.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.10, 2003-08-22 20:42:13+04:00,
    use jnode attached to page to avoid hash table lookup when possible

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.9, 2003-08-22 20:41:38+04:00,
    add sysfs file with a list of all active atoms.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.8, 2003-08-22 20:40:59+04:00,
    don't set JNODE_DKSET in add_empty_leaf() to avoid races

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.7, 2003-08-22 20:40:23+04:00,
    move check.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.6, 2003-08-22 20:40:08+04:00,
    fix race in eflush_del().
    fix hash function.
    make hash table dynamically sized.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.5, 2003-08-22 20:39:29+04:00,
    mark get_current_context() as const.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.4, 2003-08-22 20:39:06+04:00,
    remove noisy compiler options

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.026 / U:23.956 seconds]