    Subjectreiser4 snapshot for August 26th.
    Hello!

    I have just released another reiser4 snapshot that I hope all interested
    parties will try. It is released against 2.6.0-test4.
    You can find it at http://namesys.com/snapshots/2003.08.26
    I include release notes below.

    Reiser4 snapshot for 2003.08.26

    WARNING!!! This code is experimental! WE ARE NOT KIDDING! DO NOT PUT
    ANY VALUABLE DATA ON REISER4 YET!

    Fixed some bugs. And finally reiser4 should compile on 64bit boxes (hm. somebody try it,
    as I am unable to build any 2.6 kernel for ia64). Also reiser4 should now build without
    debug enabled.
    Important SMP bug was fixed (only was in effect for SMP kernels on boxes with less than 3 CPUs).
    There are still some OOM problems sometimes that we are working on, but generally
    I hope problems reported by various people about compile failures should be fixed now.
    Readonly mounts (and hence - reiser4 as rootfs) are not supported too.

    reiser4progs update includes some 64 bit fixes too along with other stuff.
    fsck still does not work, so don't even try to run it.

    Snapshot is released as a patch against linux-2.6.0-test4
    REISER4_NOOPT config option (Disable compiler optimizations for reiser4 code.)
    is known to not compile on x86.
    Enable CONFIG_REISER4_LARGE_KEY, as reiser4progs are creating filesystems with
    large keys by default.
    The reiser4-kernelonly.diff file represents only required kernel modifications if you plan to use our reiser4 bk repository.
    It does not contains any reiser4 code
    The reiser4.diff is full patch with everything included.

    Changelog (extracted by "bk changes"):

    ChangeSet@1.1218.1.2, 2003-08-26 12:53:59+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    remove assertion (contradicts recent changes in prepare_twig_cut())

    ChangeSet@1.1218.1.1, 2003-08-26 12:53:28+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    remove superfluous check

    ChangeSet@1.1217.1.3, 2003-08-26 11:19:03+04:00, zam@crimson.namesys.com
    search_one_bitmap_backward() endless loop fix.

    ChangeSet@1.1216.1.1, 2003-08-25 22:01:52+04:00, zam@crimson.namesys.com
    backward search bitmap code fixes

    ChangeSet@1.1217.1.1, 2003-08-25 21:26:46+04:00, edward@theta.namesys.com
    ctail.c:
    Fixed bug
    file.c:
    shared reserve_cut_iteration
    cryptcompress.c:
    Added cut_items_cryptcompress(),
    fixed bugs

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.6, 2003-08-25 21:06:06+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    sync with recent change in prepare_twig_cut()

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.5, 2003-08-25 21:00:04+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    when removing eottl, clear connected bits on formatted neighbors

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.4, 2003-08-25 20:59:26+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    restore old check.

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.3, 2003-08-25 20:59:13+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix race in check_jload()

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.2, 2003-08-25 20:58:52+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    add separate inode to keep bitmaps.
    cleanup

    ChangeSet@1.1215.1.1, 2003-08-25 20:45:18+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix fence error in wake_up_requestor()

    ChangeSet@1.1216, 2003-08-25 18:05:17+04:00, green@angband.namesys.com
    bitmap.c:
    Remove erroneous ON_DEBUG()

    ChangeSet@1.1215, 2003-08-25 13:58:15+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    use vmalloc instead of kmalloc

    ChangeSet@1.1208.1.1, 2003-08-25 08:49:07+04:00, zam@crimson.namesys.com
    bitmap code reorganization

    ChangeSet@1.1213, 2003-08-24 15:56:24+04:00, green@angband.namesys.com
    inode.h:
    64bit compile fix

    ChangeSet@1.1212, 2003-08-22 21:05:40+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix compilation errors

    ChangeSet@1.1211, 2003-08-22 21:00:56+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    restore compilability.

    ChangeSet@1.1210, 2003-08-22 20:56:38+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix problems with BK's handling of symlinks

    ChangeSet@1.1209, 2003-08-22 20:55:24+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    Merge laputa.namesys.com:/home/god/projects/2.5/fs/reiser4
    into laputa.namesys.com:/home/god/projects/i386/fs/reiser4

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.17, 2003-08-22 20:45:52+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    cleanup

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.16, 2003-08-22 20:45:32+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    add scripts to perform mongo automatically.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.15, 2003-08-22 20:44:24+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix race in sibling list code.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.14, 2003-08-22 20:43:54+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix debugging checks.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.13, 2003-08-22 20:43:15+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    don't do read-ahead if low on memory.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.12, 2003-08-22 20:42:55+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    add assertion.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.11, 2003-08-22 20:42:39+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix assertion: atom lock should be held to avoid races with fusion.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.10, 2003-08-22 20:42:13+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    use jnode attached to page to avoid hash table lookup when possible

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.9, 2003-08-22 20:41:38+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    add sysfs file with a list of all active atoms.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.8, 2003-08-22 20:40:59+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    don't set JNODE_DKSET in add_empty_leaf() to avoid races

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.7, 2003-08-22 20:40:23+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    move check.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.6, 2003-08-22 20:40:08+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    fix race in eflush_del().
    fix hash function.
    make hash table dynamically sized.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.5, 2003-08-22 20:39:29+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    mark get_current_context() as const.

    ChangeSet@1.1185.1.4, 2003-08-22 20:39:06+04:00, god@laputa.namesys.com
    remove noisy compiler options

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.054 / U:0.080 seconds]