SubjectRe: cache limit

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:58:47PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Exactly. Every program you have opened, and all of its libraries will show
> up as pagecache memory also, so seeing a large pagecache in and of itself
> may not be a problem.
> Let's get past the tuning paramenter you want in /proc, and tell us more
> about what you are doing that is causing this problem to be shown.

One thing I thought of after the post was whether they actually had in
mind tunable hard limits on _unmapped_ pagecache, which is, in fact,
useful. OTOH that's largely speculation and we really need them to
articulate the true nature of their problem.

-- wli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.118 / U:6.608 seconds]