    SubjectRe: linux-2.4.22 released
    El mié, 27-08-2003 a las 00:25, John Bradford escribió:

    > I think the 'more urgent things to be fixed' point is important.

    Well, Linux is used in many circunstances, for desktop, for
    workstations, for servers, every user have a specific "urgent thing"

    > Only a certain amount of patches can go in to 2.4.23 if we want to
    > keep this a short development cycle, and efforts to stabilise 2.4 so
    > that embedded users who are still using 2.2 have something to migrate
    > to are important.

    why shorts development cycles? Stable development cycles must be long
    cycles for test every change... If embedded users are still using 2.2,
    stabilising 2.4 is important as much as keeping up to date the drivers
    for desktop users and support new hardware I think...
    --
    Ramón Rey Vicente <ramon dot rey at hispalinux dot es>
    jabber ID <rreylinux at jabber dot org>