    SubjectRe: linux-2.4.22 released
    El Tue, 26 Aug 2003 23:55:44 +0200 Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> escribió:

    > I must have missed the date when Debian's market share dropped under
    > 0.1 % ...

    Well, there're alsa packages. A lot of people use them.

    > - ALSA is big and there are still some bugs in ALSA; there are more
    > urgent things to be fixed in 2.4

    Like the one in drivers/sound/adlib_card.c/opl3.c; which doesn't release
    its io region when the module is removed (sent a workaround twice,
    got ignored ;( )

    > - it's easy to use ALSA even when it's not inside the kernel
    > - within a few months 2.6.0 will be released with ALSA included -
    > together with the point above I don't see a reason why ALSA would be
    > badly needed in 2.4

    Those are valid points. Still I'd love to see ALSA in 2.4. I guess this is a
    matter of opinion....the VM bits from Andrea are far more important (I've read
    several bug reports from people who can't get big machines working ie: kswapd decides
    to take all the cpu for 1 minute)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.021 / U:29.504 seconds]