SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test4 and /etc/modules.conf
Michal Semler (volny.cz) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have in /etc/modules.conf defined which modules to use. 2.4.22 uses it well,
> but 2.6.0-test4 doesn't.
>
> I tried add these defs into /etc/modprobe.d/aliases but without success.

In 2.6, the file /etc/modprobe.conf is used. When you use Red Hat, you
can install their modutils package from RawHide, that creates that file
from your /etc/modules.conf file.

There is probably some util around that creates the file for you. This
issue is documented in the FAQ in the modutils source.

> When I by hand call for example modprobe hid module is loaded and
> device works.

This means that you already got the proper modutils version installed.

Regards,

Bas.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans