SubjectRe: usb-storage: how to ruin your hardware(?)
Maciej Soltysiak wrote:

> Maybe a message of caution should be displayed in usb-storage
> configure help about attemtping to change partitions and/or filesystems on
> USB storage devices.

The stuff I have met with CompactFlash cards (*without* USB) - they
by default were coming formated with single FAT12 partition - no
partition table whatsoever.
I had no problems with partitioning and formating (in IDE emulation
mode).

But Windoz2kOfBugs was refusing to work with flashes which had
partition table, and was working Okay with /original/ FAT12 formated
flashes. Windoz wasn't even trying to read partition table, always
showing flash as one drive - and sure it was reporting stupid errors
when you were trying to do something with partitioned flash.

It looks like /agreement/ (with The Beast) that flashe/memory card
has to have FAT12.

No comments.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.069 / U:0.628 seconds]