SubjectRe: Input issues - key down with no key up
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> > > Etc. Set 3 is a pain. Nobody wants it, except the people who have read
> > > the spec only and say - look, neat, a single code for a single keystroke.
> >
> > Plus the symmetry of keys -- no more strange behaviour of "special" keys.
>
> On my BTC keyboard, the macro key produces e0 6f in Set 3, yes, two scancodes.
> On my Safeway keyboard, the multimedia keys do not produce any scancode
> at all in Set 3. The same holds for my Compaq Easy Access Keyboard.

So if you need these keys, then just use what works for you. Thanks for
mentioning these -- I'll know what to avoid.

BTW, for completeness, have you tried set #1?

> The correspondence between Set 2 codes and Set 3 codes varies from
> keyboard to keyboard.
> Things are not pretty in reality.
> Only on paper, and only if you disregard all "new" keys.

There are good devices out there (mine inclusive :-) ) that comply to
what papers require and I see no reason not to handle them fully.