SubjectRe: NFS regression in 2.6 -- gnome problem
Andries Brouwer wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 05:28:03PM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:
>

>>This patch makes the previously posted test work for me, but I'm
>>experiencing a differenct NFS regression between 2.4 and 2.6. Whatever
>>locking method that gnome2 is using when running home directories over
>>nfs is failing when the client is running 2.6.
>>Gnome reports that it failed to lock it's test file, and aborts.
>>It says that the error was "no locks available".
>>

>"Gnome" is not precise enough for me.
>If you have an explicit test program that works on 2.4 and fails
>on 2.6 and is not more than a single page in length, I wouldnt mind
>looking at it.

Fair enough. I don't have such an explicit test at the moment, but I
will talk to the gnome guys and see if I can come up with one. I was
reporting what the gnome2 session-manager complains about, but
comparable errors come from something as simple as gnome-terminal
(simplest program I've seen that has the problem). FWIW, this is gnome
2.2.2. I'll get back to you when I know more.

-Tupshin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.052 / U:0.492 seconds]