    SubjectRe: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
    David S. Miller wrote:

    > And, as Alan said, we provide a way for one to obtain your networking
    > religion of week.

    To the best of my knowledge, there is presently no way to change the arp
    behavior of Linux such that it uses the interface-based arp mechanizm in
    a manner compatable with load-balancing and hot-standby techniques
    involving aliasing the loopback interface. In all the proposed
    solutions the cache-update by an arp request problem still exists (arp
    source ip problem).

    I would love to be proven wrong. Presently I have to either patch the
    kernel or suffer the throughput penalty of doing dnat to myself, all to
    do something that Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, *BSD, and even Windows can do
    natively.

    --Harley

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.034 / U:151.532 seconds]