SubjectRe: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
David S. Miller wrote:
> And, as Alan said, we provide a way for one to obtain your networking
> religion of week.

To the best of my knowledge, there is presently no way to change the arp
behavior of Linux such that it uses the interface-based arp mechanizm in
a manner compatable with load-balancing and hot-standby techniques
involving aliasing the loopback interface. In all the proposed
solutions the cache-update by an arp request problem still exists (arp
source ip problem).

I would love to be proven wrong. Presently I have to either patch the
kernel or suffer the throughput penalty of doing dnat to myself, all to
do something that Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, *BSD, and even Windows can do