    SubjectRE: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
    On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 08:35, Alan Cox wrote:
    > You increase it and you shortcut on shared lans. Thats really a seperate
    > issue to the question of which source is used. If you loopback someone
    > elses address on your own lo device I'm not suprised weird shit happens,
    > put the alias on eth0 where it belongs.

    Only if you are on a shared lan. If you are not on a shared lan, then
    it will *ONLY* work if linux is on the other end. No other system will
    work. And, you don't need an alias on loopback. Merely changing the
    default route will result in this. Change default route from gw
    on eth0 to gw on eth1 (making sure that doesn't have an
    arp entry), and linux will say, on eth1:
    whohas tell
    where is the address on eth0. No one will respond to this, so
    all communication from beyond a directly connected network will now

    Daniel Gryniewicz <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:2.552 seconds]