    SubjectRe: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:39:57 +0200
    Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@ithnet.com> wrote:

    > Can you please give us a striking example of a widespread application where
    > current behaviour is a requirement or at least a very positive thing?

    [ I've been waiting what seems like centuries for someone
    to even consider talking about source address selection,
    alas I have to bring it up myself :( ]

    I'll responsd by asking questions of you.

    Do you know how source address selection works when the user tries to
    connect to a remote location yet doesn't specify a specific source
    address to use?

    Once you understand source address selection, the next thing
    you need to do is:

    1) consider how you might want to make that configurable
    by the user
    2) what the default behavior should be
    3) what kind of ARP behavior is necessary in order for
    these various configurations to work

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.085 / U:120.304 seconds]