SubjectRe: [CFT] Clean up yenta_socket
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Russell King wrote:

> Patch set:
>
> http://patches.arm.linux.org.uk/pcmcia/yenta-20030817*
>
> The tar file contains all patches.
>
> This is a patch set aimed to cleaning up the yenta controller quirks,
> working around some of the warts which have appeared (eg, overwriting
> of yenta_operations init pointer.) and adding better power management
> support.
>
> Unfortunately, since my laptop continues to have an argument with the
> 2.6 kernel APM, I am unable to properly test the suspend/hibernate/resume
> functionality.

I applied the patchset to 2.6.0-test3-mm2 and compiled. Other than some
extra lines in dmesg output no user observable change in behaviour was
noted. In other words I couldn't see any differences between using this
patchset and using stock yenta code.

Never having used the suspend/hibernate/resume on my laptop I could
neither test nor comment on that aspect. Sorry about that.

My laptop is a Presario 12XL325 and I use an SMC 2632W wireless ethernet
adapter in the PCMCIA slot.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.065 / U:0.252 seconds]