SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] let broken drivers depend on BROKEN{,ON_SMP}
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Rob Landley wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 17:06, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if there were some neat 3-D shreadsheet type thing
> > listing all drivers, all architectures, UP vs. SMP, and a status such as
> > WORKS, DOESN'T COMPILE, REPORTED PROBLEMS (SLOW|ERRORS|PANICS) and the
> > like. I don't even know where to find a good open source 3-D spreadsheet,
> > and the data certainly is scattered enough to be a project in itself,
> > chasing a moving target.
>
> You are aware that this would probably take more effort to keep up to date
> than the code itself, right? And that one spreadsheet couldn't
> simultaneously be accurate for 2.4, 2.6, -ac, -mm, -redhat, -suse...

Did you miss the "It would be nice" and "a project in itself?" I am aware
of the issues, I was hoping someone would tell me that there was a tool
which did all this already (bugkeeper?) or suggest some path to a useful
subset with a manageable resource cost.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc