    SubjectRe: headers
    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:07:44 +0200 (MEST) Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

    | From garzik@gtf.org Mon Aug 18 20:14:47 2003
    |
    | I support include/abi, or some other directory that segregates
    | user<->kernel shared headers away from kernel-private headers.
    |
    | I don't see how that would be auto-generated, though. Only created
    | through lots of hard work :)
    |
    | Yes, unfortunately. I started doing some of this a few times,
    | but it is an order of magnitude more work than one thinks at first.

    I expected that.

    | Already the number of include files is very large.
    | And the fact that it is not just include/abi but involves the architecture
    | doesn't make life simpler.
    |
    | No doubt we must first discuss a little bit, but not too much,
    | the desired directory structure and naming.
    | Then we must do 5% of the work, and come back to these issues.
    |
    | In case people actually want to do this, I can coordinate.
    |
    | In case people want to try just one file, do signal.h.

    Hm, interesting.

    Since there are 20+ <arch>/signal.h files and they don't always agree
    on signal bit numbers e.g., do we have 20+ abi/arch/signal.h files?
    Or 1 abi/signal.h file with many #ifdefs? ugh.

    The ABI is still per-arch, right? Not _one ABI_ for any/all arches.

    Or maybe I'm all wet.

    --
    ~Randy
    "Everything is relative."