SubjectRe: [OT] Re: ide drives performance issues, maybe related with buffer cache.
Date
>   If you are really newbie in Linux - I can advice you to try FreeBSD.
> By default FreeBSD (as of version 3.2) is much less aggressive in
>caching and buffering. I never saw Linux greedy caching/buffering working
>good - it always has some stupid edge cases when it is easier/faster to
>power-off/power-on/fsck system, rather than to get to console and kill
>offending process.
> But sure - Linux's throughput is much higher that in *BSD.
> Benchmarketing.

1.5+ year of Linux expirience, some app. programming, book by O'Reilly
Understanding the Linux Kernel,
Linux core kernel comment., simple module programming.

I do not want to switch to any kind of BSD. But behavior i've noticed
sometimes is really annoying.

Sorry if you think my posts were spam.