    SubjectRe: APM and 2.5.75 not resuming properly
    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:29:33 +0100 Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org> wrote:

    > Rob Landley wrote:
    > > (APM suspends, and then never comes back until you yank the #*%(&#
    > > battery. Great. Trying it with the real mode bios calls next
    > > reboot...)
    >
    > Similar here. Using 2.5.75. APM with no local APIC (kernel is unable
    > to enable it anyway).
    >
    > It suspends. On resume, the screen is blank and the keyboard doesn't
    > respond (no Caps Lock or SysRq). Occasionally when it resumes the
    > keyboard does respond, but the screen stays blank. At least it is
    > possible to do SysRq-S SysRq-B in this state. Sometimes, if I'm
    > lucky, I can make it reboot by holding down the power key for 5 seconds.

    I may have missed somthing, but let me ask anyway: What laptop? Have you
    tried switching to a text console before suspending? Have you tried
    Options "NoPM" "True"
    in the ServerFlags section of your XF86Config?

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au