SubjectRe: Centrino support
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 22:55, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 13:24, Christian Axelsson wrote:
>
> > Got a list of supported good working cards?
>
> There's a Dell TrueMobile card that uses the Orinoco chipset. If you're
> feeling like life is too boring, there are cards based on the newer
> Intersil dual 802.11b/g chipsets available, too, and though I haven't
> checked into the shape of the drivers, I know they're under active
> development.

The Dell TrueMobile 1150 series are Agere/Orinoco/Hermes based (MiniPCI
and PC-Card available). All other Dell TrueMobile cards are Broadcom
based and have no Linux driver support either.

There are also MiniPCI, PC-Card, USB adapters with 802.11a/b/g and Linux
drivers available: http://sf.net/projects/madwifi

These are based on the Ateros chipset, which also is around in some OEM
products.

> > > As far as CPU is concerned, if you're using recent 2.5 or 2.6
> > > kernels, there's Pentium M support in cpufreq. Jeremy
> > > Fitzhardinge has written a userspace daemon that varies the
> > > Pentium M CPU frequency in response to
> > > load.
> >
> > Can you please point me to this daemon?

http://sf.net/projects/cpufreqd

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot se
--
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a
cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H.L. Mencken

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.060 / U:0.516 seconds]