SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test3-mm1
Date
On Wednesday 13 August 2003 22:18, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:26:36AM -0700, George Anzinger wrote:
> > >that patch sets DEBUG_INFO to y by default, even if whether DEBUG_KERNEL
> > >nor KGDB is enabled. The attached patch changes this to enable
> > > DEBUG_INFO by default only if KGDB is enabled.
> >
> > Looks good to me, but.... just what does this turn on? Its been a
> > long time and me thinks a wee comment here would help me remember next
> > time.
>
> DEBUG_INFO add "-g" to CFLAGS.
> Main reason to introduce this was that many architectures always use
> "-g", so a config option seemed more appropriate.
> I do not agree that this should be dependent on KGDB.
> To my knowledge -g is useful also without using kgdb.

Yes, one can enable or disable DEBUG_INFO as soon as DEBUG_KERNEL is selected,
this does not depend on KGDB.

With the patch DEBUG_INFO is enabled by default only if KGDB is selected, but
even if KGDB is not selected you still may enable it by hand.

The problem was that DEBUG_INFO was enabled even if it was not reachable
because DEBUG_KERNEL was not selected....

Thomas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.113 / U:0.756 seconds]