    SubjectRe: 2.6.x NFS and NFSD
    > > 2.6.x as a server:
    > > I'm using nfs-kernel-server v1.0.5-1 (debian).
    > > Config Ops:
    > > CONFIG_NFSD=m
    > > CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
    > > # CONFIG_NFSD_V4 is not set
    > > CONFIG_LOCKD=m
    > > CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y << I didn't configure this, where'd it come
    > > from?
    > If either NFS_V3 or NFSD_V3, then LOCKD_V4 is automatically added.

    Ok, I see.

    > > This is in /etc/exports:
    > > / vegeta(rw,no_root_squash,async,nohide)
    > "nohide" is incorrect here.

    previous experience. IIRC, if I didn't have it on /, I couldn't see /usr,
    /raid-0, or others (2.4.x).

    > > ls, and ls hangs. client uses kernel 2.4.20 with NFSv3 enabled and it was
    > > mounted v3.
    > I have a hunch what this might be, and it'll require fixing both the
    > kernel and nfs-utils ;-(
    > Could you try using
    > mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfs

    This worked. Of course I also removed nohide from / and added the rest of
    my FSs. There were 4 in all on this test machine. / /usr /usr/src and
    /home. All are exported as above except / has nohide removed.

    > before starting the nfs-kernel-server (particularly before starting
    > mountd or running exportfs).
    > Also, if you are brave, could you try with the following two patches,
    > one against linux-2.6.0-test2 and one against nfs-utils. Then run the
    > nfs kernel server *without* mounting /proc/fs/nfs first.

    I did not try the patches. This work around seems to be what I was looking
    for. I'll wait for the patches to be merged. I did not patch the
    nfs-kernel-server either.

    I tried 2.6.x as a client to a v2 server running the userland server. I do
    get a ton of nfs not responding messages, but I did a find /mnt/usr on it.
    Doesn't seem to be going into D state this time.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:9.124 seconds]