    SubjectRe: ->direct_IO API change in current 2.4 BK

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

    > On Wednesday 09 July 2003 20:08, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
    > Hi Marcelo,
    > > Ok, right. Well, I dont know why it doesnt happen there. Maybe not enough
    > > testing?
    > aehm, I'll bet -aa is tested _alot_ and also -wolk has tons of testers, but
    > well, this is a different talk ;)
    > > Anyway, I'm going to revert the NFS DIRECT IO patch because, as Christoph
    > > mentioned, breaks the API.
    > > I except another solution from Trond (maybe ->direct_IO2).

    > I wonder why you merge such stuff then in the first place, if you agree with
    > hch's opinion, that an API should not change in stable kernel series in the
    > 2nd place? ... Did you temporarly forget it? ;)

    No, I did not.

    I applied it because, in my ignorance, I did not noticed it would break
    the stable API.

    I applied it because I wanted comments useful from people (Like hch and
    others did).

    Thank you very much for your flaming.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:13.624 seconds]